AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CABLE ADJUST PROCEDURES
Note: These procedures must be followed to insure the proper relationship
between the throttle cable and throttle valve.
- 1. With the engine off, remove the air cleaner
and place aside.
- 2. Push the TV adjusting tab and move the cable
housing 1 1/2 inches TOWARDS the CARB.
- 3. Have someone floor the gas pedal. While it
is being floored, BEND the throttle cable bracket away from the carb until the carb arm
bottoms solidly against its stop.
- 4. While the pedal is still being floored,
DEPRESS the adjusting tab and slide the TV cable housing AWAY from the
CARB firmly until it stops. Release the tab and let it lock.
- 5. With a knife carve a deep mark on the cable
housing tight up against the front of the adjustment assembly. This mark
is MAX TV.
- 6. Depress tab and move mark 1/8 inch forward
towards the carb.
- 7. Road test before installing the air cleaner.
Some General Pointers.
mark you made is MAX TV. Adjusting the cable housing forward
REDUCES TV. Forward more than 3/8 inch can cause no detent(3-1)
or no passing gear above 40MPH. V8 engines work best between 1/8 inch and MAX
TV. V6 engines work best between 1/8 and 3/16 from MAX TV mark.
Never set the cable so that the MAX TV mark disappears(more
than max). If you do the first time the gas pedal is fully depressed something
EXCHANGE CO is located at 1803 NE MLKing
Blvd., Portland, OR 97212. Ph. 503-284-0768, 800-776-1191 Fax 503-280-1655 E-mail email@example.com
THE TRANSMISSION SUPERSTORE